6.22.2012

Snapshots of NYC.

I can understand why people love to live in New York City. There are bits of americana hidden everywhere. I was often surprised by great historic architecture when I least expected it. The transportation system got us where we needed to go without any trouble. There's a lot of charm and a lot of energy. I love city life, but NYC is not for me.

One word: dirty.

But I'd go back in heartbeat. There's so much to see and do there. And eat.







My current TV guilty pleasure is Gossip Girl, so spending two nights in the Empire Hotel was fun.


Everything worthwhile had a line. Shake Shack was definitely worth it though.





Breakdancing in the Metro station. 

The ceiling of Grand Central Station is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. 


My boss was once held up at gunpoint while working in a Mr. Softee truck.

The Occupy movement marched through Times Square while we were there. 













2 comments:

  1. Cheryl, thanks so much for taking the time to visit Shake Shack in NYC.

    Hope you had an awesome trip to the Big Apple, and our team can’t wait to see you again next time you’re in the city (or DC, or Philly, or Miami...we have new Shacks!)

    -Brandy, Shake Shack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirty and smelly too - particularly in the summer. But if you can ignore that part, it's so fun

    ReplyDelete